I’m excited to have gone Apple picking with my friends and family. We have made it a tradition for 6 years now! Not only is it great to get together with everyone and to be outdoors, but the reward of baking something delicious after is the BEST!
Now that I have a pooch in the family, I need to make sure he is included! so I was stoked when I discovered this recipe from Martha Stewart!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap dusted with brown rice flour to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with your favorite cookie cutter, I used a 2 1/2″ scalloped edge round cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
- Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. With your pinky finger and thumb, create indentations to resemble paw prints.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.