Updated 2014 post to include printouts for Beanie Baby Tag.
Updated 2014 post to include printouts for Beanie Baby Tag.
What a great event-filled Fall weekend.
Friday after work, I went to my boyfriend’s-brother’s fiance’s house for a Mary Kay dinner party. I went into this with no expectations (okay, except I wanted to learn contouring) Anyways, It was a great night filled with lasagna, sangria, a bunch of laughs and of course makeup! I’ll post my review on how I think the whole process went and what I ended up buying slash If I will go through with hosting my own – is it worth it? Look out for that post in the next few days!
Saturday morning, I woke up at 7am!! (ahh what happened to sleeping in?) Well, Freddy was stretching his little arms out and hit me in the face with his puppy paws!! I mean – I wouldn’t call it obsessed. but seriously!? Holy cuteness. Nico made Freddy and I scrambled eggs and a coffee-to-go for me! I met one of my friends, Kristen for a mani/pedi appointment -After going through all the colors, I settled on OPI’s Suzi Takes the Wheel- a pretty light olive-gray color for my toes and CND shellac Rubble a darker beige for my hands. Great Fall transition colors.
I swear Freddy is already such a spoiled little puppy… Kris got him an ADORABLE green knit sweater from Tuesday Morning – sidenote I went in that store the other day and they have some NICE stuff!… At this rate,can you imagine what’s going to happen once we all have kids? For sure, they will have the BEST outfits and toys around. With my amazing girlfriends who are spoiling Freddy every chance they get – I can’t wait to return the favor! Dogs, Kids… lets go!
So, the appointment took an hour longer than I anticipated and the wedding started an hour earlier than I thought so I rushed home to take Freddy for another walk before getting ready. It was chilly and rainy, so I decided to go with a Philosophy Black long sleeve dress with a gorgeous slit up the right leg, paired with my Sam Edelman “Orly”black/white heels and pearls I got as a bridesmaid gift last summer- a classic, simple look with some Jungle Red Lipstick to tie it all together. After organizing Freddy’s essentials for my big sis to have when she came to watch him…we were off—- Finally, alone time with my boyfriend!! – 1 hour and 45 min drive to Peterborough, NH for a wedding. I was so excited to admire the foliage-best times to be in New England, for sure and to spend the little QT with Nico… so excited…that I may or may not have fallen asleep on the ride! I mean.. when do I get to sleep? whoops. but after downing a Red Bull, I was good to go to be my bubbly self and reconnect with Nico’s coworkers…..overall , a great night filled with some great people! + I got to take 2 center pieces.. obvi.
Sunday Funday- yes! Got home at 2AM, got up at 6AM (thank you Fredster) Luckily, we all managed to fall back asleep from 7-11.. Amen! After a walk to Dunkin Donuts for a pumpkin spice Iced coffee, I was going to get out of the house so Nico could work on his paper for grad school. I decided to take Freddy for his first fancy walk on Newbury Street in Boston. Hair brushed, Pats jersey on- per request of Nico (guys football superstition thing?), essentials packed and we took off.
Best part: Freddy totally photo-bombed a dog photo-shoot! I mean I can’t keep him from wanting to say hi to other puppies – and maybe- just maybe, a part of me wanted him to get behind that lens and take after his momma! I was given the business card of the photographer and he later sent me that photo-bombed pic! ADORE. Freddy will wait for an opportunity to do a photo shoot.. sorry I’m not paying for him to get his photo taken – shouldn’t we get paid instead? I got bills to pay and puppy bow ties to buy!! Anyways. Love the picture!! Thanks Fred Levy Photography. Dont forget to keep us in mind 🙂
After an adventurous day filled with constant stopping to let folks take a picture of Freddy, to pet him, to explain his breed type and age (I need him to wear a name tag with this info?) and learning that “bow ties are the new fashion for dogs” Shout out to Fish & Bones! gorgeous Bow Ties – I’ll have to be back for one for Freddy, and tons and tons of treats… I was ready to head back home to make chicken pot pie and watch the football game…Sidenote#2: I am in 2 Fantasy Football leagues . To all the ladies out there dating a guy who LOVES sports: Would it kill ya to put a small effort in? a) it will help YOU on Thursday, Sunday and Monday when your man is watching football and you want to go crazy b) It’s a game! and you have the potential to win- really not rocket science – actually there are guys that do his for a living (picking what teams to use for your line up- GOOGLE, bleacher report, yahoo sports, ESPN- they’ll basically tell you who to play! and c) Imagine if you beat the guys, that’s just amazing/brownie points for you!
My Homemade Chicken Pot Pie:
Normally I would make my own crust, but I cheated this time due to the lack of time in my life lately- make your own crust recipe post coming soon.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie2014-11-05 09:35:49Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups veggies of choice (potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, peas…)Instructions
- • Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- • Heat up the broth with chicken until chicken is cooked through- will turn white- take out the chicken and add the chopped veggies bringing to a boil until everything is soft enough.
- • Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth( leave veggies in pot) and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- • Stir in chicken (shred it up using a fork) and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- • Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.You can make this Vegan so easily!!
- A) Buy the vegan crust from Whole Foods or make your own. B) I used almond milk, soy butter and vegetable broth C) Add more type of veggies instead of the chicken.You Bet Your Pierogi http://youbetyourpierogis.com/
How do my 1st official food photos look? I need some work- but not bad with an I-Phone? If you want to see some amazing food pictures, check out Halfbakedharvest.com …. great work, girl!