Nico’s cousins are my vegan inspirations. Those girls not only have great fashion sense, the sweetest personalities, but they are some damn good chefs!! Something as simple as dip with a Vegan twist can have you drooling (literally) and begging for more (I kept begging for this recipe!) Thank you ladies!
- 1 stick of butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 block of frozen spinach
- 1 lg jar (approx. 12 ounces) of marinated, quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
- 8 ounces of sour cream (Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream)
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese (vegan parm)
- ¾ cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese (Daiya mozzarella)
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F
- Melt the butter in a medium/large saucepan over medium heat. Add in onions and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the following ingredients one at a time, in order, making sure to completely mix together before adding in the next: spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, parm, and finally artichoke hearts.
- Once completely mixed together, remove from heat and stir in red pepper flakes to taste.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish (or I will use a foil 13x9 cake pan), cover with shredded cheese, and bake at 425⁰F for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, veggies, etc. – I add this to my eggs in the morning (or tofu scramble), spread some on a sandwich or simply scoop it up with some Tostitos (whole grain) scoops.
- Vegan version in parenthesis**
*I had to make this during the last snow storm and we made mini sandwiches with it! Just a fresh baguette, with cut up veggies and smear on some of this dip.. yummmy.
Note: I used Almond Milk Cheese (Whole Foods) and I added some fresh Kale while I was sauteing the spinach 🙂